Friday, January 21, 2011

Carpe Vitam, Baby!

Carpe Vitam:  Meaning is Seize the Life or Seize Life


Red Velvet Cake Doughnut

There is a doughnut store near my house that sells the most unusual and delicious donuts.  We, my hubby and I,  missed the last time the red velvet cake was made and have been waiting for it to come back so we could try it.  So, last night they posted that they would be made today and the internal debate began.  The multitude of thoughts that run through my head:  "I haven't technically started my diet..it's not till Monday."  "This is ridiculous, if I can't control myself  how am I going to lose 60 pounds by July?"  "I should just get all this out of my system now because I start my diet next week."  "It's almost on the way to work."  "I really need two doughnuts, so what do I want the other one to be." 

Every day we make choices.  Yes or no.  Stay or go.  Eat crappy food or don't eat crappy food.  This is going to be the year that I make choices that allow me to seize life and all the good, fun, amazing things that come along with it.  It's not just about a diet, although that's a huge component to feeling better and, ultimately, having a good life.  It's about appreciating all that's around me and seizing every opportunity presented to me.  I need to be healthy for that.

And, by the way, I didn't go to the doughnut store.  I had old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast.  And I told my hubby that the doughnuts were made today if he wanted them.  Yay me!  ;o)

-Bekah


No comments:

Post a Comment