Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012, the year of ME!

I made quite a few resolutions - besides a diet, of course - for the new year and have been working at keeping up with them so I don't start off the new year totally wrong.

I recently remembered that I can't be positive in my life or focus on doing what I need to if I'm not happy with where I'm at.  Weight is just one aspect of a life that's out of control and fixing that alone doesn't make all my other problems go away.  I don't want to continue living feeling like life is just passing by me, like I'm just responding to the things that need to be done but I'm not really enjoying all that's around me.  That's my underwater feeling.  It's having a baby, a household, a career and a husband who helps but not quite enough stuff that I have to be responsible for.  What woman's world isn't this or something close?  How does everyone else handle it and not be a massive over-eating stressy mess?

So, it's the year of me.  That's what I have labeled 2012.  I'm getting my house in order.  Literally and figuratively.  My resolutions:  diet, of course.  I want to lose 100 pounds by December when I turn 40.  I want to spending some time each day to work on keeping the house cleaner (it looked like a bomb hit it before Friday). I want to do more things that I like to do such as going to the movies, reading, cooking, drinking.  I want to make Christmas stockings for my family this year, which calls for learning to sew, etc..  I have specific plans for growing my business.  I'm planning to spend more time with my family - take a trip to the beach with my sisters, neice, nephew and mother.  I want to do more of what I want and less of what I don't and not feel bad or selfish for it.  That cover's just about every aspect of life, right?  .

I needed to start getting life in order so that I could start the diet.  I took off from work on Friday.  I worked on cleaning up the house, I spent an hour sitting outside in the sun talking to two of my neighbors and I went to see a movie by myself.  I've never ventured into a movie theatre alone before so that's actually kind of proud of myself for doing something I wanted instead of waiting for someone to go with me and, as usually happens, not going at all.

I walked with my family around the lake two days last week.  It felt good to be outside huffing and puffing.  I have been reading a book called Win by Frank Luntz for over a month.  It's an inspiring book that I think will help in my business but I've let everything else get in the way of finishing it.  I intend to finish it up in the next week. 

I went grocery shopping yesterday.  Didn't buy any junk.  But I found some cookies that I had hidden in the kitchen from everyone else.  I finished them off last night silently and alone in my bedroom.  I've taken many good steps in the new year but just wanted to show you the uphill battle I have. 

I need to continually work on finding that happy spot - what ever it is on any given day - and not allow emotions or people or anything else to bring me down.  This is the total sum of my new year's resolution.

Diet starts on Monday and I'll start posting my weight again and keep you updated on my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment